The Louisville Equestrian Center (LEC) is the culmination of the dreams and hard work of expert horsewoman Betsy Webb and the support of her dedicated staff and loyal clients, primarily Saddle Seat riders and Hackney pony-driving competitors.
Special circumstances combine to make LEC unique and destined to become a focal point for equine-related activities and special events in Louisville Metro and the surrounding area.
The LEC operation is built around the love of horses, the special care and attention provided by an expert staff, the inspiration to teach others the joys of riding and the splendor of the horse.
“The Louisville Equestrian Center will be a family and horse-friendly facility with full-service amenities for people,” Webb said. “We will provide the finest equestrian instruction and training, with well-trained horses and services for all levels of riders. Our emphasis will be on safety, education and fun.”
“The Louisville Equestrian Center represents a terrific example of a successful, visionary businesswoman taking full advantage of a public-private partnership,” according to Louisville Metro Mayor Jerry Abramson. “Betsy Webb and her team are to be commended for investing $3.5 million in the future of Louisville to build her business while creating jobs in the horse industry for which the Commonwealth is so well known.”
Today, LEC will be a center for riding camps and lessons; horse shows; special children’s activities such as educational programs, pony parties and equine theater; and home to more than 80 horses.
The Louisville Equestrian Center (LEC) started out as a dream. Ever since she could remember, Betsy Webb loved horses and as she grew older, the attraction to all things equine grew with her. Betsy rode this love into becoming the only Level III certified instructor of the American Riding Instructors Association in Kentucky. In the Louisville area, no one has taught more people about riding and the care of horses than Betsy but her dream did not stop there. Betsy wanted to create an equine facility that lived up to her vision. A place built on the love, care, teaching, showing, and riding of horses. It pays to dream big because today, Betsy’s dream has come true. It’s called the Louisville Equestrian Center. Betsy Webb Bio. You’ve never seen an equestrian center like this because there has never been an equestrian center like this which includes:
- 78 horse stalls
- Two indoor riding rings and two outdoor riding rings
- Open space, green space, fresh air and beautiful horses
- Vehicle and farm machinery storage
- Bedding, hay and feed storage
- Full service lounge and viewing areas
- Full service locker rooms, tack rooms and offices
- Conference rooms and classrooms
- Ample parking and work space for customers, veterinarians and farriers.
LEC can offer you:
- Largest riding academy in the region and will average 500 riding lessons per week
- Horse boarding
- Horse brokerage and trading
- This year’s Riding Camps will take place in new facility
- Horse show hosting, facilitation and coordination
- A corporate and social events facility
- Fine food and beverage
- And more.